Wednesday, September 2, 2009

THE. END.

Are there any two more beautiful words to a writer than THE. END? I think not. Today, I got to finally (FINALLLLLLY) write those words at the bottom of my HEX HALL 2: HEX, LIES, AND VIDEOTAPE Word doc, and lo, it was a beautiful moment.

That doesn't mean the work is done, of course. I still have a lot to do with regards to fleshing out some scenes, making sure motivations are clear, and I'm toying with the idea of adding an extra chapter. But all of that somehow feels easy and doable now that THE. END. has been written.

So now maybe I can breathe some life back into this little blog, and also shower. Or eat foods that don't have to be microwaved.

But for now, I'm going to bask in the glow of THE. END. and do something really fancy and author-y, like wait for our maintenance guy to come snake our laundry drain, then pick Small Son up from daycare. Sing it with me now! G-L-A-M-O-R-OUS, yeah! ;-)

4 comments:

Ronald L. Smith said...

Congratulations, Rachel. It must be a nice feeling to finally get there.

Go have some fun!

Like, uh, waiting for the plumber dude.

JESSJORDAN said...

Yay!! Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy ... I'm so ready to be at The. End. with you. Sigh ... another day.

Best of luck with rewrites!

Chantel said...

There will be celebratory pastries tomorrow, Rachel. Oh yes.

crystal cotton bed sheets said...

So now maybe I can breathe some life back into this little blog, and also shower. Or eat foods that don't have to be microwaved. pure cotton bed sheet price , discount bridal sets ,