Saturday, August 8, 2009

Levar Burton, NOOOOO!

Just read that Reading Rainbow will no longer be on PBS after August 29. *sniff*

I don't know about the rest of you, but Reading Rainbow had a HUGE impact on me as a Tiny Reading Writing Rachel. I used to watch the show with The Mama, and we'd write down the books they talked about so that we could pick them up when we made our trip to the library. And like every little kid who watched it, I dreamed of being one of those kids talking about various books, then following it up with an enthusiastic, "CHECK IT OUT!"

What a great and truly influential show.

2 comments:

Chantel said...

You should have ended this post with, "But don't take MY word for it." Isn't that how he intro'd the kid reviewers? My favorite RR book? MUFARO'S BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

that sucks!