Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Blog!

I don't know about y'all, but I am OBSESSED with agent/editor blogs. They're always so fun and informative. Also, if you're on the agent hunt, they're extremely useful. I actually got the model for my query letter from Rachel Vater's blog. Even now that I ahve an agent and a book deal and all of that, I still read Kristin Nelson, Colleen Lindsey, and Nathan Bransford every day. And now, thanks to my fellow Awesome Alabama Writer Stephen, I've learned that my agency, Waxman Literary, has a new blog up! Agent Holly is blogging today about rejection, that suckiest but most inevitable part of the writing biz. And, oh yeah, Scott Waxman mentions Demonglass in his first blog, and it fills me with joy. :) So if you heart agent blogs as much as I do, please go check it out!

3 comments:

Serenity said...

Yay! I didn't know about this either. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie Harris said...

Woot! You're famous!

Ronald L. Smith said...

...particularly a new YA book that Holly Root sold called Demonglass that Hyperion is publishing in the US and which we’ve now sold all over the world.


*walks away seething with envy.

Congrats Rachel! What an awesome trip you're taking!


*but completely inspired, too!