Wednesday, March 7, 2012

NEWS! And UPDATES!

AHHHH LESS THAN A WEEEEEEEEK!! And then you can all read SPELL BOUND, and I can TALK about it! And THEN I can tell y'all more about UPCOMING BOOKS, and I will be SO HAPPY and hopefully SO WILL YOU. :)

But for today, I have some "housekeeping" things to discuss. First off, there's been a change to some of my tour plans, so I wanted to update y'all RE: that. I'll also be changing the original blog post, but I wanted to make SURE the news got out, hence extra bloggage.

1) BOSTON LOVELIES! I will now be doing a signing at Wellesley Books on THURSDAY, MARCH 29 from 4-6PM. Originally, I was only doing school visits that Friday, so this is actually a GOOD change! Now there will be a public event!

2) MIAMI LOVELIES! You actually get the REVERSE news. I will NOT be doing a public event at Books and Books, just school visits. HOWEVER, I will be signing stock and pre-orders there, so if you want a signed copy, please call the store and they can hook you up!

3) CINCINNATI LOVELIES! I am now doing an event for Y'ALL. MARCH 21st at 7PM, I'll be at the Groesbeck Library.

WHEW. Okay, that's all the updates, but while we're talking about tour, lemme answer a few questions I've gotten about it.

A) RACHEL! Will books be for sale at all the events?

Probably? Definitely at the bookstores. But I always recommend calling the venue and checking with them.


B) RACHEL! Can I bring other books for you to sign? Like the 1st two in the series?


ABSOLUTELY! I will sign anything you got! I'm supposed to say stuff like, "But be respectful of other people in line and don't bring too much, etc." BUT WHO AM I KIDDING? You bring it, I'll sign it. And it's not like I'm Stephenie Meyer, so lines will probably not be that big of a deal.


Pictured: Not My Signing Line

C) RACHEL! Do I have to buy my copy of SPELL BOUND at the place holding the event?

Not technically, but if you can, OMG YOU GUYS THAT IS SUCH A NICE THING TO DO. See, signings are EXPENSIVE for stores, so they wanna make some money off yours truly, and I want to keep getting to GO to fabulous stores, and if I don't sell that many books, stores will be like, "LOL THAT RACHEL HAWKINS,NO ONE BUYS HER BOOKS, NEVER AGAIN SHALL SHE DARKEN OUR DOOR." Or something like that. And it's always awesome to support your local bookstore.

D) RACHEL! Will I need tickets for anything?

Again, call the place. Honestly, they just tell me where to go and when to be there, and occasionally they attach a note reminding me that I will be out in PUBLIC and therefore must wear ACTUAL PANTS.


"Yes, Rachel, we know that they're comfy, but these are what we like to think of as 'Inside Pants.'"


And there we have it!

Oh! But WAIT! I also promised NEWS! Some of you may have seen me talking about this on Twitter, but if you HAVEN'T, I am sooooooo excited to announce that I'm going to be in an ANTHOLOGY! Specifically, this one here, coming out form Harper Teen in 2013. (2013 would ALSO be the year I have 2 books coming out in back to back seasons. IT WILL BE A VERY HAWKINS YEAR, IS WHAT I'M SAYING.)

Saundra Mitchell first told me about this antho at a thing in Houston last year. We were down at the hotel bar, and she was like, "I wanna put together a book about the DARK, both literal and metaphorical, and there will be all TYPES of stories, and it will be AMAZEBALLS!"

And I was all, "Huzzah! Can I write a story about [mythical creature redacted]?" And Saundra blinked, looked at my wine glass to see how much I'd already had to drink, and then, solidifying my love for her forever, said, "YES! DO THAT!"

So I did. It's a story I've wanted to tell for a very long time. I actually came up with it on a drive through the woods with The Husband (back when he was The Boyfriend.) As I kept telling the story, his eyes got bigger and bigger, and when I was done, he said, "Rachel, that is MESSED UP. But you should write it down."

And now, about twelve years later, I HAVE. :)


No, I didn't write about a manticore. YET.

XOXO!

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see you in Raleigh!! Im really excited about that :)
Is there any news you can say about your next two books that will be releasing next year?

Jodi said...

Can't wait! Although when will there be some Birmingham signage?

Sophie said...

Awesome news about the story in the anthology!! Have a great tour!!

Alwyn said...

I am so excited for Spell Bound! The extra wait for us UKers will only build the anticipation I'm sure ;) And I am also really hoping one of the books of 2013 is Rebel Belle because ever since you mentionned there was shoe based murder in it I've been dying to read it!

Leigh said...

Yay for The Year of Hawkins! Also, now I want a manticore story. *sits* *waits*

Kendra Mitts said...

So excited for Spellbound.

The Reading Enchantress said...

Hi Rachel,
I've got a quick question. Are you still planning on attending The Southern Kentucky Book Festival? If not, I wanted to order a signed book from one of your other stops.
Thanks!
Olivia

J. Wright said...

Yes to Jodi! when will you be signing in Birmingham?

Anonymous said...

In my opinion Inside Pants should be Outside Pants :)

Millie said...

Rachel! I've got a day that I'd realllly love to go see you, but I have no idea when you'll be at the book store. The March 16th visit in Pennsylvania? Do you happen to know when you'll be there?

Juan said...

Hello Rachel,
I am a 14 year-old boy from Wilmington,DE and a huge fan of your writing. I cant wait until Spell Bound comes out. I think I speak for all of your fans in saying, "WHY NOT MAKE THE HEX HALL SERIES, INTO MOVIES". It would be great to see them and again cant wait for your book!!!!

Your Fan, Juan

Aubrey Kathleen said...

Agreed with Juan.
Hex Hall series would be movies I'd watch,
I'd make my future children watch,
And my grandchildren.
I read Hex Hall. twice. Demonglass about 10 times and they put me on edge everytime. I cant wait for spell bound!

Love Eternally,
Aubrey Kathleen
<3

Anonymous said...

OMG spell bound is out on kobo! i couldve read it since apparently february! omgggggggggggggggggggg

Anonymous said...

Hi I live in Poland. I have a question for you? When Hex Hall 3 be in Poland??? Pleaseee, tell me when ! :) I love Hex Hall series. You write great books! I love you. :)))
Gela.

Catherine_Irene said...

I just read Spell Bound and it was SO good!!! Now I'm wondering if there will be a fourth and if you have a rough date for when? Again, such a great book!!!

ColeCatt said...

Dear Mrs. Rachel Hawkins, I can never express my gratitude toward you fully. I just finished the last book in Hex Hall and I'm truly SHAKING. I don't know if it's because of how amazing it was or if it's because the first series of books I have truly fallen in love with is over. I liked reading but one day in the book store my mom pointed out the book Hex Hall to me. I practically waved it away. (Cont.) Not seeing anything else appealing i just got it, never would i have thought that my life would never be the same. The wit and sarcasm- I died laughing. Archer Cross? Best hero I've read about and hilarious there were moments when he made me get butterflies. In the one moth i had the book I had reread it cover to cover AT LEAST 8 times. Thats not counting month two waiting for Demonglass. I have then waited a year for SB and (I am so sorry but will continue to a part three)(pt. 3) and i constantly reloaded iBooks until the book was available for purchase. I read that book faster then any other book in my entire life. I'm sure THOUSANDS of other teens have told you this before but I can't shake the dedication i feel to you and that's what has caused me to write this to you. You may not ever read this but- YOU HAVE FOREVER CHANGED MY LIFE. YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME AND MADE ME LAUGH AT MY WORST TIMES I WOULD READ UR BOOK, 2 U I OWE MY LOVE OF BOOKS 4EVER I'M IN DEBT 2U.

ColeCatt said...

Dear Mrs. Rachel Hawkins, I can never express my gratitude toward you fully. I just finished the last book in Hex Hall and I'm truly SHAKING. I don't know if it's because of how amazing it was or if it's because the first series of books I have truly fallen in love with is over. I liked reading but one day in the book store my mom pointed out the book Hex Hall to me. I practically waved it away. (Cont.) Not seeing anything else appealing i just got it, never would i have thought that my life would never be the same. The wit and sarcasm- I died laughing. Archer Cross? Best hero I've read about and hilarious there were moments when he made me get butterflies. In the one moth i had the book I had reread it cover to cover AT LEAST 8 times. Thats not counting month two waiting for Demonglass. I have then waited a year for SB and (I am so sorry but will continue to a part three)(pt. 3) and i constantly reloaded iBooks until the book was available for purchase. I read that book faster then any other book in my entire life. I'm sure THOUSANDS of other teens have told you this before but I can't shake the dedication i feel to you and that's what has caused me to write this to you. You may not ever read this but- YOU HAVE FOREVER CHANGED MY LIFE. YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME AND MADE ME LAUGH AT MY WORST TIMES I WOULD READ UR BOOK, 2 U I OWE MY LOVE OF BOOKS 4EVER I'M IN DEBT 2U.

Megan said...

I just bought my copy of spellbound on kindle and can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

Just read Spellbound and it was AMAZING I finished it about 3 hours after I started it I couldn't put it down my mom had to force me to stop to eat dinner! Is the spin off series about Izzy Brannick? With the thing about Torin that was hinted at I'm guessing it is.

Marissa Wright said...

I just got done reading Spell Bound. It was amazing. I never realized how much I liked Cal and how much I was routing for him until now. He didn't have to die but I guess you had to stop that love triangle some how. Your an amazing writer and an inspiration for me in college.

Bethany said...

I can't wait for the Raleigh stop! It's amazing that you can sign more books than just one(and I will take advantage of that), but I think your line is totally going to be backed up. Because Raleigh is just that awesome. And Hex Hall is just that awesome. And together, they make an implosion. A really cool one.

RebeccaA said...

i just finished reading Spell Bound!! i read it in like one sitting. freakin' amazin' book. but i would like to know: what is going on with Izzy and Torin????

Jane said...

A lot of your fans are hoping for a fourth HH book! It just cannot be over!!!!

Anonymous said...

I may go to the Wellesley event but I can't swing the new book yet! I love this series!

Anonymous said...

hi is actually going to write another book after spellbound

Anonymous said...

Is there going robe a fourth book

Anonymous said...

Is there going to be a fourth book if so what will it be called

Anonymous said...

i first read school spirits and then my mom told me you had a series of a book named hex halls so i decided to go read that and let me tell you, it so amazing like best series i read and i loved it so much i never realized how much i could love these characters so much even if they are just fiction. I was really bummed when it finished and i cried lots when cal was gone but i mean ''wow'' it was the best book i've read you have me hooked on all your books.. ohh and i was wondering if you do make a movie cause if you i will be your biggest fan i love you books and im glad i read them and happy that i've spend mostly all my nights up reading your books thats how amazing they are trust me hooked.. recommending friends and families about your books. amazing you are and yes i am young and still a teen and never thought i even liked reading till now so thank you ...

sincerely- your biggest fan sarahia chavez

sara said...


مقاول مكة
مقاول معماري مكة
مقاول بناء عظم
بناء عظم
مقاول بناء ملاحق
بناء ملاحق
ملاحق
مقاول جدة
مقاول معماري جدة
تشطيب تسليم مفتاح
بناء تسليم مفتاح
مقاول تسليم مفتاح

sara said...

شركة نقل عفش
شركات نقل عفش

نقل العفش بالقنفذة
شركة نقل عفش بالقنفذة
شركة نقل عفش القنفذة

شركة نقل عفش بالليث
نقل عفش الليث

نقل العفش بالجموم
شركة نقل عفش بالجموم

sara said...

نقل اثاث بالخرمة
شركة نقل عفش بالخرمة

شركة نقل عفش بحرة
نقل العفش بحرة
نقل عفش بحره

شركة نقل عفش برابغ
نقل العفش برابع
نقل اثاث برابغ
شركات نقل العفش برابغ

شركة نقل عفش بخليص
نقل العفش بخليص
دليل شركات نقل عفش بخليص

Seotop1 said...

Công ty In Nguyễn Gia chuyên cung cấp dịch vụ in kỷ yếu giá rẻ tại Hà Nội, với nhiều mẫu kỷ yếu đẹp và thiết kế ấn tượng, luôn mang đến giá trị và sự hài lòng của quý khách hàng.
Xem chi tiết tại :
Mẫu kỷ yếu lớp 5
ky yeu lop 9
kỷ yếu lớp 12 đẹp
dịch vụ thiết kế kỷ yếu
Cam kết sản phẩm đầu ra đúng màu sắc, chất lượng, thời gian như trong hợp đồng & cam kết với khách hàng.

elmota7ta said...

افضل شركة كشف وعزل تسربات مياه
افضل شركة تخزين عفش
افضل شركة تنظيف منازل
شموخ الأدهم

مظلات شموخ الادهم
مظلات
مظلات الرياض
سواتر
سواتر
تركيب سواتر مع الاسعار

Shaimaa Elsadek said...


شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حمام بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة صراصير بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالاحساء