Thursday, January 21, 2010

When a Review Nearly Makes Me Cry...

but in the GOOD way! As excited as I was about my PW review, I think few things top having kids- you know, my intended audience- like HEX HALL. So when this review by 6th grader Jonah Goldenbird in Battleboro, Vermont popped up in my Google Alerts today...well, the joy, it was epic. Here's the link to the whole review, but what really got me was this line: "I read this book and then reread my favorite parts and they still had their "magic" in them."

I STILL pull out my favorite books from when I was a kid just to re-read "the best" parts. And you know what, they still have their magic, too. And the thought that maybe one day, these kids who read HEX HALL will do the same thing when they're grown-ups...gah. Sums up everything I love about writing for kids.

So thank you, Jonah Goldenbird! You have made my day! (Also, you have a totally awesome name. Just so you know).

3 comments:

Jessica Love said...

This is SO awesome! :-D

Alison (Alison's Book Marks) said...

Oh, what a great review!

Rachel, I hate to break it to you, but you'd better start getting used to reading positive reviews! Either that or you'd better get yourself a hefty supply of Kleenex.

Congratulations on the review. More to come!

Crepes Recipes said...

First time reading this blog, thanks for sharing.