Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The WTF? Blanket

Still coming out from underneath a haze of edits, plus some other work related stuff, so in lieu of actual content, here is a video that will make you laugh and laugh. (Sidenote of Former English Teacheriness- Y'all DO know what "in lieu of" means, right? That it means "instead of?" Because back when I worked at The Black Hole of Suck, my boss used to send out memos that CONSTANTLY used that phrase incorrectly. And this was a man with a Master's Degree. Who ran a SCHOOL. Yeah. For some reason, he thought it meant "due to." It does not. However, it did make his memos unintentionally hilarious, as in "In lieu of a spray paint bomb in the bathroom, we want to take this opportunity to assure you that all is well here at The Black Hole of Suck." Tee hee!) Oh, language slightly NSFW. Heads up.

6 comments:

Casey M said...

HAHAHA, that's great. I call it a robe you put on backwards since I saw the commercial and my mom threatened to buy it for me for x-mas...

Carrie Harris said...

In lieu of a smoke bomb.... LOL!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

they seem to be popular. I think it would bug me

Corey Schwartz said...

Ha! Funny, Rachel. Still waiting for another WTF Friday! That post cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Freak
In
A
You just made my night. MADE MY NIGHT.
~LL

Rachel Hawkins said...

Casey: Ha! My friend's grandma has already bought FOUR of them, so my friend is pretty sure what'll be in her stocking next year!

Carrie: I know! I still giggle thinking about it!

Shelli: They look so HOT to me. I do not deal well with that kind of "never found in nature, ever" material.

Corey: Thanks! I'm keeping an eye out for more things that make me say WTF? Life has been sadly WTF?less lately, ha ha!

Lindsey: You are ever so welcome! ;)