Thursday, July 28, 2011

In Memoriam

Hey, Mes Anges. So today is kind of a sad day for me since it marks the 14th anniversary of my Dad passing away. It's nearly impossible to believe it's been 14 whole years. I was 14 when he was first diagnosed with melanoma, and 17 when he lost that fight. (And I always feel like I should add that when he was diagnosed, he was given around 6 weeks to live. He made it 3 years. I will always be so, so thankful for those 3 years.)

Anyway, I wrote a blog post about Daddy a few years ago, and I think it still says all I'd like to say. You can read it here.

And if you're lucky enough to still have both your parents, give them an extra hug today. :)


Me and Daddy, circa 1983. I stand by that choice of floatie.

12 comments:

Kay Cassidy said...

Hugs today, honey. Big hugs. :-(

Jodi said...

Rachel, I remember reading that post the first time around. So sorry for your loss. Mine's been gone for 15 years now, and there are still moments when I grieve for him as if the loss were recent. Much love to you!

Sophie said...

*hugs you* Rachel, I can't even imagine...I had a very tiny (but they always are) melanoma removed four years ago. I hate that cancer most of all. Most of bloody all.

Crystal said...

Just seeing the picture of you and him has me crying and thinking about how much I miss my own dad. I know how rough a day like today can be but know you have a lot of people thinking about you.

((hugs))

la said...

I remember both those days very clearly, too. Hugs to all your family.

Shannon Dittemore said...

Oh Rachel! Thoughts and prayers are with you. My father has also been diagnosed with melanoma. When they caught it, it was stage 4. He's done well with the surgeries and is currently out of danger, but I know just how devastating it can be. You're so kind to share your dad with us. God bless.

Seotop1 said...

In Nguyễn Gia luôn cung cấp cho khách hàng sản phẩm in chất lượng cao với giá thành thấp bằng cách áp dụng công nghệ in tiên tiến trên thế giới và năng lực quản lý dự án hiệu quả.Luôn luôn nâng cao trình độ kỹ thuật và quản lý để đáp ứng nhu cầu ngày càng cao của khách hàng.
in so tay gia re tai ha noi
in the nhua gia re
in kỷ yếu
in the cao gia re
dịch vụ in lịch tết
Cam kết sản phẩm đầu ra đúng màu sắc, chất lượng, thời gian như trong hợp đồng & cam kết với khách hàng.

예후다 나바아마리스 림 said...

Useful to me. Its awesome, I admire this blog here. Awesome article, keep doing it! thanks!

런던 스타크잘리야 던랩 said...

I am really Enjoying reading this well written articles. Lot of effort and time on this blog. thanks.

베니치오 커마일스 로우 said...

Great web site. A lot of useful information here. And obviously, thanks in your effort!

핀 에드워즈아이비 먼로 said...

I found this post while searching for some related information its amazing post.

Anonymous said...

How Dr Wale made life easy for me. I was in love with my highschool girlfriend. We grew up together with strong love and sweet understanding. We were living peacefully together with ourselves. But here is how things started going wild for us. My woman works in a different city far away from me, So the best way of getting in touch is through communicating on the phone. But after five months, Our communication started slowing down. Whenever I call her she'll say she's busy and that she'll call me back when she's done with everything. That day will finish without her calling back, It's continue for months till I decide to pay her a surprise visit in the city where she works. After some few days with her I found out that my woman has been having an affair with his boss in the office. When I tried to question her about it, She told me that she was done with me and she doesn't want us to continue anymore. Those words broke my heart into pieces to the point that I almost took my life. Before going to my city she blocked me on all her social media handles. I went back to my city with deep pain inside of me, I was depressed and felt betrayed by her actions. After some months still living in pain and bitterness I told a friend of mine about the issues, My friend told me he'II introduced me to Dr Wale he said that Dr Wale is the only man that can bring back my happiness. He said to me his marriage is perfect today with the help of Dr Wale. When I reached out to Dr Wale and told him everything that was going on he told me to be calm and that I'II be a happy man again. Dr Wale instructed me to make payment for Items needed. The magic started when my woman gave me a call two days later crying on the phone begging me to please have mercy on her. She said she doesn't know what came over her that made her behave badly. We're now back together living happily again like we used to before. I wanna give all thanks to Dr Wale for making everything possible and for bringing my woman back to me. If you need any kind of help Dr Wale is the right man to contact. His WhatsApp/Viber: +2347054019402 OR Email: drwalespellhome@gmail.com