Monday, March 1, 2010

Meeting My Book

So yesterday, Small Son and I went to Books-A-Million so that he could play at the train table. I'm not gonna lie, I was definitely hoping to see HEX HALL out in the wild, too, but I didn't really expect to. After all, I'd been stalking BAM all week to no avail!

But still, once we got there, I thought I'd mosy over to the teen section and take a peek.

And there it was.



Actually, there were SIX of them. My Book Beh-Beh. The concrete proof of the chance The Husband and I took on ourselves.

Now, I've seen lots of of my book over the past month or so. I have a box of them in my office for pete's sake!

But that was nothing compared to seeing them out there where other people can buy them. It is one of the few things I don't have words for.

As much as I would have loved to stand there all day staring and drooling, Small Son was extremely unimpressed (and impatient to get to the train table.)

But he DID snap this pic of me standing in front of HEX HALL. Sure, you can't see the book, or...um, most of my face, but what you CAN see? Yeah, that sums it up!




It's here! It's there! It's everywhere! And now you can all read it, too!

So please do! AND if you're in Mississippi tomorrow night, come on out to Lemuria Books in Jackson at 5PM, and say hi!

Be hexcellent to each other!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous of all those who are in Mississippi!!! My copy is on it's way and I'm stoked!!

JESSJORDAN said...

Woohooo! Ordered my copy already. :)

Kristin Rae said...

Congrats! I got myself a lovely gift card for my birthday last week and it's lined up for a shiny copy :)

Alix said...

Congratulations! You're son did a great job with the photo :)

VampFreak said...

yay!! I cant wait to go get my copy soon as i get some money this month for my birthday... Congrats! ^_^

Jessica Love said...

YAY! I know I read it already, but I'm excited to go get a "real" copy. :-D Woo-hoo!

Mary not so Contrary said...

WOOT WOOT!!!! That is so very exciting for you!!! I can't wait to get my copy!! I think the picture your son did is perfect! Shows just what it needs to show. Happiness.

Heather said...

Woot! So exciting! And I think that picture is pretty much perfect.

Jessica S. said...

Congratulations on the book release!
You should come to South East Texas sometime! We would love to have you! (just don't come during hurricane season lol)

Anonymous said...

That would feel amazing. If i saw my book on shelves(wich haven't finished) Wow. I'd go into these satges:
1)Silence
2)Creepy smile slithers up my face.
3) Jumps up and down crazily screaming wohooooooooooooo
4)Goes read, coughs to ease tension then sleak out of store.