Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WIP Wednesday

Shamelessly stealing this from Trish Doller, but it's such a good idea that I couldn't resist! Here's a little snippet from HEX HALL 2: LOVE, AND HEX, AND MAGIC (actually, I kind of wish I could call it that now...Hmmm....) Please to enjoy this scene featuring Sophie, her vampire BFF Jenna, and the mysterious- and hot- Cal:

Jenna’s grin returned full-force. “There’s this club in London that’s just for Prodigium. It’s supposed to be awesome.”
Ugh. A club just for Prodigium? That conjured up images of way more velvet and dry ice and angst than I was up for tonight. Still, Jenna looked excited. After all, no one at Hex had ever asked her to go somewhere. I didn’t want to burst her bubble.
“London is like three hours away,” I said. I could feel Cal coming to stand behind me, but I kept my eyes trained on Jenna. My blush started coming back anyway. I know Jenna noticed it. She’s pretty attuned to anything having to do with blood. “That’s one heck of a drive.”
But Jenna shook her head. “Sophie, when are you going to start remembering that we have magical powers? We’re not driving, we’re. . . well, I don’t know how we’re getting there, exactly, but it’ll be, you know.” She waved her hands in the air. “Maaaaaagic.”
I laughed and finally felt some of the tension in the air fade away. “As much as I would love to travel by ‘maaaaaagic,’ I am so freakin’ tired. No partying for me tonight.”
Jenna practically sagged against the doorway. “Please?” she pleaded. “I don’t want to go by myself.”

2 comments:

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

can't wait for Hex 1 :)

soundistheword3 said...

Love it! (especially Cal) I can't wait for Hex Hall!

Kristin