Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Name That Book!

On Thursday, Agent Holly emailed me with a few edits that I needed to do on teh book, and one ofher suggestions was that we needed a new title. I agree with her that Too Near the Glass is a much...heavier title than the book really needs, so now I'm wracking my brain to come up with a new one. Any help would be graiciously appreciated! So if any of my talented readers out there can come up with anything, you will SO go on the acknowledgment page. Of course, I realize that when the book sells, the publisher will change the title to whatever he/she wants, so this may all be for nothing. Still, I'd like to have an awesome title to send out. So if you have any ideas, based on the excerpts you've read here, please let me know!

Oh, also, I was Googling myself yesterday (which sounds dirty, and yet is not) I discovered that this blog pops right up, as does a page from Fanfiction.net for another Rachel Hawkins who writes Lost and ER fic. That is not me. However, my horror that someone might think it is me led me to have lots of thoughts about fanfiction that I will soon be sharing with all of you. But not now. Now I must get out of my freakin' pjs and put on real clothes. Ah, the life of a writer! ;)

6 comments:

meredith said...

Prentiss Academy

Anonymous said...

I was going to say Prentiss Academy too but Meredith got here first...lol

Or Monster High?
lol
I need to read the whole thing to get an adequate idea....

Ronald L. Smith said...

Hate to be a downer but I believe there is a series of YA books out there called Nightmare Academy. Maybe something with the word lesson or class?

Monster Lessons?

Anonymous said...

I second what Felicia said about needing to read the whole thing to get a better idea... :)

Hmm. I'm thinking about it though. Surely, there's got to be a great phrase somewhere in the story that says it all. Might have to go reread...

Anonymous said...

Prodigial Princess?

LOL...I suck at titles. :)

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say Twilight but that's, um, already taken.